IN EVIDENZA: 8 ottobre 2016
YEAD: MUST REC YOUR ART
YEAD! Young European (Cultural) Audience Development!
is a four-year project co-funded by the European Commission under the Creative Europe Programme, to facilitate the access to culture promoting active participation by new audiences, mostly young people with less opportunities.
The project is carried out by six organizations, among the YEFF network:
• CVB – Centre Video de Bruxelles (Belgium, project leader)
• Fondazione ISMU (Italy)
• AlterNatives (France)
• AO NORTE – Associação de Produção e Animação Audiovisual (Portugal)
• RAA – Regionale Arbeitsstelle für Bildung, Integration und Demokrati (Germany)
• Stichting En Actie (The Netherlands).
The goal of the project will be achieved using video as a creative support. In each country, video workshops will be carried out by professionals and filmmakers. Results of these workshops shall be videos speaking about identity, cultural democracy and cultural diversity.
The six partners, year after year, will work on a specific theme:
2015-2016: Italy & France Access to culture for all – Fondazione ISMU and AlterNatives
2016-2017: Portugal & Netherlands Cultural Influence(s) – AO NORTE – Stichting En Actie
2017-2018: Germany & Belgium Immigrated public: EX/Inclusion? – RAA and CVB
2018-2019: International Festival in Belgium. Democratization of culture and cultural democracy CVB – Centre Video de Bruxelles.
The KEY ACTIVITIES of YEAD!
1) Bilateral Workshops organized as meetings by 2 countries twice a year:
2015-2016: Italy & France
2016-2017: Portugal & Netherlands
2017-2018: Germany & Belgium.
2) A National Workshop each year:
While 2 countries are working together on the annual specific theme, the other 4 countries work on the same theme only at local level and in a shorter time.
3) One Day Seminars
Each country organizes each year, at local level, a meeting with associations, institutions, professionals, in order to discuss on: the audience development in their country; present YEAD! Work and invite all participants to join the YEAD! network.
4) Partner Seminars
The seminar takes place each year in summer in a different country; during the seminar, the 6 partners discuss YEAD process, share their own activities, plan activities for the following year.
The seminar will take place:
2016 in Paris
2017 in Berlin
2018 in Viana do Castelo
2019 in Brussels.
5) The International Festival YEAD! in Brussels, July 2019
The Festival YEAD! will take place in Bruxelles for 10 days with conferences, round tables, workshops, screenings opened to people in the cultural sector across all countries: professionals, policy makers, educators, academics and all those for whom the universal access to culture is a priority.
YEAD! FIRST YEAR: UNIVERSAL ACCESS TO CULTURE 2015-2016
The general objective of the 1st action undertaken by Fondazione ISMU and AlterNatives is to develop new audiences for culture, involving young people with less opportunities in the key activities of the project.
During the first year of YEAD! Activities the objectives will be:
1) to reach underrepresented audiences and improve access to cultural institutions and creative works. This will be achieved developing partnerships between cultural and creative players: in this 1st year, museum professionals and young filmmakers.
2) to provide European museum professionals and filmmakers with new skills and competences to develop young audiences in the field of heritage education in an intercultural approach and perspective.
Phases to develop YEAD project during this 1° year:
PHASE 1: 17-21 NOVEMBER 2015
BILATERAL WORKSHOP in MILAN and TURIN
1) Training, study visits and workshop activities.
2) Introduction to Phase 2: sharing and discussing guidelines to develop new pilot projects in the French and Italian museums involved.
The people involved are Italian and French museum operators and filmmakers.
PHASE 2: DECEMBER 2015 – OCTOBER 2016
WORKSHOPS in MILAN and PARIS
In this phase, project teams are established in the museums involved. Each project team plans and experiments a pilot project according to the guidelines shared at the end of our workshop in Milan.
Every project team works in its own country and the work in progress will be shared through YEAD platform website, Skype, e-mails.
The people involved: participants at this workshop, other museum staff members of the 6 Italian and French museums involved, about 60 young people (10 for each pilot project) coming from underrepresented audiences.
PHASE 3: JUNE 2016
BILATERAL WORKSHOP in PARIS
The project teams, involved in Phase 2 , share their works , discuss, evaluate and improve them.
People involved: Representatives of the French and Italian teams (15-20 people).
PHASE 4: NOVEMBER – DECEMBER 2016
DISSEMINATION in MILAN and in PARIS
Public Seminar In Italy and France: presentation of pilot projects and videos to professionals (museum operators, filmmakers, academics, educator), students (museum studies, filmmaking, media design), policy makers, underrepresented audiences.