The International Department looks after the relations with international organisations, articulating its activity on three levels: intercontinental, European and Mediterranean. It aims notably to foster the development of global migration policies.
For that purpose, the Department relies on individual contacts as well as on its participation to conventions and conferences, along with institutions and policy-makers. Its activity is carried out through:
- the elaboration of projects and actions presenting international features. They usually require international funding and may be promoted by the different departments of the ISMU Foundation;
- relations with the European Union and other international bodies;
- relations with foreign communities and foreign consulates;
- the realisation of international researches.
Since 1995, the Fondazione ISMU sits in Metropolis’ management committee where it represents Italy amongst some thirty other national and international representatives. Metropolis consists in an annual international conference. It is the most important international event dealing with migration themes where scholars, policy-makers and NGO meet and discuss in a concrete manner the multi-faceted questions entailed by movements of persons and their management. In 2014, the conference is organized by the Fondazione ISMU and will take place in Milan, Italy.
- Asia-Pacific Migration Report, by Francesco Vecchio
Australia’s policy of mandatory detention of asylum seekers partially demolished, by Francesco Vecchio
Head of Department
Marco Lombardi firstname.lastname@example.org
Federica Carra, France
Claudia Finotelli, Spain
Paola Fiorini, France
Nicola Montagna, the United Kingdom
Luciano Siliprandi, Germany
Francesco Vecchio, Asia
Paola Moscatelli, Sweden